Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hidden messages.

From: Croupier Salt Remainder <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 90 10:34:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Hidden messages.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: <ames!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!Ken_-_SaintJohn@uunet.UU.NET>
>Can someone post
>some kind of a list of KT songs that have the much talked about "secret
>messages" in them? I would love to give that a shot!

Good luck.  I've been at it with my ST's digitizer for a while, but no
joy so far.

Anyway, if you play the end of "Leave It Open" backwards you can hear
Kate singing "we let the weirdness in" in the forwards direction, and
it sounds like "and they said they were buried here."  But we already
know the truth on that one.

Then there was the ending of "Watching You Without Me" all of which
sounds nifty played backwards, but again, that solution has been
revealed (and what a let down that was. :( )

The current unsolved biggie is "Experiment IV" (right after "and
it could sing you to sleep")

Some people claim there are 'secret messages' on "The Sensual World"
but I think it's just tape hiss... :)

>Oh by the way if you
>ever have the chance to hear "The Man With The Child In His Eyes" played
>in reverse take it. It sounds GREAT! :-)

I can't wait to get home and try it out!

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman |  SIT.   Now BEG!  | and you need everything we make.       |