Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

seKreT messages, etc

From: woj@paladin.Owego.NY.US (my favorite buildings)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 90 20:03:08 EDT
Subject: seKreT messages, etc

ied called for more input on the seKreT message in experiment iv.
so, after listening to the excerpt in question for about fifty
times on my poor cassette deck (i haven't decided that it is worth
it to shell out the $$$ for only one new song on cd), i must say that
my ears hear something more akin to what ied hears, rather than ryan
mcguire's sentence.

for a while, i felt that i was hearing something more like:

	i bet my mug's gonna give me an implement

with the word implement looped an extra time at the end of the
sentence, but about twenty listens later with the low-end frequencies
boosted, i could discern the word separation into what *could* be
the phrase that ied purports to hear ("...a little toy instrument").
i'm still not sure exactly what i'm hearing at that point, but i will
concede that his phrase is quite possible. i'll also admit that ied's
makes a bit more sense then what i originally heard, but one must
remember that KaTe has probably masked the words so that phonetic
sounds gets muffled - what i wrote is the *sounds* that i hear, rather
then the words they might map to.

in other news, has anybody attempted to figure out what KaTe sings at
the end of the "love and anger" video? i recently got a letter from
meredith tarr and she says that repeated viewings leads her to believe
that KaTe is mouthing "very interesting." i cannot comment as my videos
are now in new jersey where i will be moving to thursday of this week.

which brings me to another question: are there any love-hounds in the
northern new jersey/eastern pennslyvania/southern new york/southern
new england area who might want to try and arrange a KaTemas bash for
the area? i don't know at this point whether or not i could host such
a gathering as i have not had a chance to discuss these things with
my new roommate or discover what kinds of rules/regulations apply to
my new domicile, but if there is interest and something can be arranged,
i know i'd be more thatn willing to either help out or, possibly (but
don't quote me on that yet), host. i cannot provide the same amount of
obsKuriTies that ied has, but i will bring my meager KolleKTion to
wherever such a bash might be held.

so, if you are interested in such a party - whether to host, help out,
arrange or attend, drop me a line. since this will reach most of the
net *after* i have moved, mail any responses to what will become my
new domain address: <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> (thank KaTe for
the rutgers dialup - i'll be using one of those cross-state telnet
sessions again...no more of this living in the uucpnet!!)

woj

ps. val nozick: have called your "friend" in california yet?!?

pss. congrats to c'n'v in chicago - just in time to see robyn at
loungejack's on july 27 or 28th...