Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:TAPE PASS-ALONG DETAILS

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 90 00:27:59 -0400
Subject: Re:TAPE PASS-ALONG DETAILS

Um, MAYBE I spaced out while reading a message, or MAYBE rec.music.gaffa
hiccupped, or MAYBE a giant mutant star-goat has been fiddling with my
brain again (yes, that seems more likely), but what's all this about tapes
anyway????  Can I have some?  Should I write to Larry?  What other wonderful
oppertunities am I missing?  (I can think of a bunch, actually, but y'all
DON'T want to know, trust me...)

Seriously, I've landed in the same gorge of despair that Richard Caldwell
et al have brought up recently:  years 'til another sending from Herself,
and little hope in sight, so a tape of Love-Hounds approved music (or three)
would be a pleasure indeed.

Not to pick on Richard now that I've commiserated with him, but I too am
curious about:

 >  I believe that the increasing involvement of Del Palmer in Kate's
work
 > did not have a positive effect on _The Sensual World_.  Perhaps
even the
 > contrary.

Are we talking about production values, etc., or the material?  While I
must admit that I am a bit disappointed with _TSW_, I think it succeeds
almost perfectly in achieving Ms. Bush's goals.  This is just a feeling,
but what I hear is *not* a KT album watered down by Del and others, but
a KT album with different KT ideas.

Hm, I guess I'm not entirely sure what I mean here, but the issues of
KaTe's intentions in making the album, and her control over the
implementation of these ideas during the recording of the album, are
of great interest to me, particularly in the very frustrating case of
_TSW_, which seems both brilliant and a bit of a let-down, er, to me.

Sorry about that last sentence... (man, look at all those commas!)

Footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "Go stick your head in a pig"