Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shosholoza

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 90 08:15:41 EDT
Subject: Shosholoza

A note to Gregg Simmons--
  Saw your posting regarding the Gabriel 12" which has _Shosholoza_ on it,
and how part of that song appears in the film _The Gods Must Be Crazy_!
I remember that the first time I saw that film, I was in a movie theatre,
and when I heard that song, I came out of my seat!  I couldn't believe that
someone had the good taste to use it in a film!  Of course, I had similar
reactions when parts of "Mea Culpa" and "America is Waiting" were taken
from the Brian Eno / David Byrne album _My Life in the Bush of Ghosts_ to
appear in the movies _Ghostbusters_ and _Wall Street_, respectively.
Now...if I could just see a film that has some KATE music in it, I'll be
all set.  Hmmmm.....guess I'll have to rent _She's Having A Baby_ soon.  :)

                                       All the best,
                                            Deb Wentorf