Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist 117 (Around The Universe)

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 04:48:35 -0400
Subject: Vickie's playlist 117 (Around The Universe)

Vickie here. I've long wanted to a) do a "space" show and b) feature
Siouxsie. This show allowed me to do both. I interspersed bits from
"Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" and the "Cosmos" soundtrack, and I had
the lights out in the studio and the window open so I could see the stars
(the studio's on the third floor and there are no tall buildings around).
Because this was a concept show, I'm not going to have comments this week,
so I won't break the "flow" of the titles. As usual, album titles
will follow the playlist (in a different order this time though).
I had so much fun doing this show! A listener called and said he lived in
the country (with his nearest neighbor living over a half-mile away) and he
had brought his speakers outside, had the volume blasting and he and his
wife were lying in lounge chairs staring up at the stars during the entire
show! He was raving about how wonderful it all was, made me so happy!

                        Suspended In Gaffa 117
                         Around The Universe
                         Playlist for 6-9-90

    * Song *                                   * Artist *

1   Goodbye Cruel World                        Mary Kelley
2   Rocket's Tail                              Kate Bush
3   I Feel Like An Astronaut                   Fetchin Bones
4   Postcard To The Stars                      Wendy Wall
5   Picnic On The Moon                         Bel Canto
6   Venus Sands                                The Creatures
7   Mercury Towers                             Hex
8   Solar Choir                                The Creatures
9   Solar Systems                              Annette Peacock
10  Red Planet                                 Tiny Lights
11  Jungles Of Jupiter                         Toyah
12  Space Between Rings                        Christine Lavin
13  Planet                                     The Sugarcubes
14  Planet In My Kitchen                       Siouxsie & The Banshees
15  Pluto Drive                                The Creatures
16  UFO                                        Nina Hagen
17  Starbound She Said/The Stars               Deux Filles
18  Little Spacey                              The Cocteau Twins
19  Across The Universe                        Laibach w/Germania on vocals
20  Alaap/My Shooting Star                     West India Company
21  Bengalis From Outer Space                  West India Company
22  Hello Earth                                Kate Bush

                   --------------------------
                         Album list

1   Greetings Five                             12  Future Fossils
2   The Sensual World                          13  Planet 12"
3   Monster                                    14  tape from a friend
4   Wendy Wall                                 15  Boomerang
5   Birds Of Passage                           16  NunSexMonkRock
6   Boomerang                                  17  Double Happiness
7   Hex                                        18  Victorialand
8   Boomerang                                  19  Let It Be
9   The Perfect Release                        20  New Demons
10  Hazel's Wreath                             21  New Demons
11  Anthem                                     22  Hounds Of Love

                              "42"

=  Vickie   of  Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City    katefans@world.std.com   =
=                 "Suspended in Gaffa" KKFI 90.1fm                        =
=                    Saturdays 10:00pm-12:00am                            =
=       Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz        =