Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Lighten up"? Hey, I'm light, really!

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 04:49:20 -0400
Subject: "Lighten up"? Hey, I'm light, really!

Vickie here.  The Right Reverend Dave says:

> oh come on, vickie, lighten up! The shaggs and shonen knife are two of
> the most wonderfully innocent, commercially untainted, fun bands around.

       I guess I've been misunderstood again. Once more with feeling:

                      I LOVE THE SHAGGS!!!
                        ^^^^
Seriously, really & truly, honestly, no lie, cross my heart and hope to die!

Yeah, I said they were a terrible band, and they are! No one could possibly
argue otherwise. The point is:

                     They're wonderful ANYWAY!!!

They're sincere, they're sweet, they're honest and they're funny.

Getting into a debate about the girl's "talent" is absolutely pointless,
since I love the band and I think they're fun. By the way, they're
from New Hampshire, I'm pretty sure.

Telling me to "lighten up", when I already think they're wonderfully
endearing, just shows that you didn't read my post closely enough.
I guess I came off sounding sarcastic, when I really didn't mean to.
Anyway, Dave, I am a Shaggs fan, and I'll probably become a Shonen Knife
fan too (though they'll never replace the Wiggins sisters in my heart),
so give me a break OK?

Yes Chet, I also love Frank Chickens!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com