Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

10,000 Maniacs re-releases

From: bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu (William H Stoner III)
Date: 7 Jun 90 20:02:34 GMT
Subject: 10,000 Maniacs re-releases
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu

>From: asuccop@max.u.washington.edu
>
>..hey does ANYONE know ANYTHING about the 10,000 maniacs re-releases that
>  were supposed to come out sometime LAST year (SECRETS OF THE I CHING
>  and HUMAN CONFLICT #5)???? If so, please post and/or e-mail me!!  AS

Secrets of the I-Ching was re-released without the Maniacs permission
in 1988 (I think, I'll have to check) by Albert Garzon (he mixed the
album in 83 when it was recorded and must have had a copy of the master).
so apparently when they got popular he saw a chance to make money and
re-released it, the maniacs sued him.  I was lucky enough to have been
in Boston soon after the album was released and got a copy (the re-issue
that is).  I have never heard anything about it being re-released officially.
I hope it does get done there are some good tracks on it.  Some of them
were redone on the wishing chair: My Mother the War, Grey Victory, Daktari
(with slightly different vox and guitar parts) and Tension makes a Tangle,
there may be a couple of other that I'm forgetting.

As for Human Conflict #5 I have searched for almost two years now with
no luck :-(

bilbo
-=-
"his card says executive but it mumbles just a |  William H. Stoner III
salesman.  he's not sure just who you are but  |  Systems Operator OSU CIS
you might be a good connection."	       |  bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu
jane siberry - Extra Executives		       |