Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT NEWS

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 90 13:06 PDT
Subject: KT NEWS

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

   IED was happy to see that his uncharacteristic (and
uncharacteristically brief) posting of yesterday did not
go unnoticed. The posting from Vickie:

 >>Really-From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
 >>To: Love-Hounds
 >>From: Andrew Marvick (IED)
 >>Subject: SPECIAL MESSAGE
 >>
 >>    EVERYBODY TAKE SOME ORGANIC ACID.
 >
 > I'd be happy to, where do I get some :-)
 > What the hell are you talking about?
 >
 >-- Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
 >   katefans@world.std.com

   Well IED will tell you, Vickie (and everyone else): IED
has a NEW KATE BUSH SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

   IED has obtained at long last the fourth and fifth EPs in
the long-delayed final part of the _Cathy_EP_ series of bootleg
EPs. The fourth EP contains five of the seven demos which
had yet to appear in EP form, and the remaining two appear on
side A of the _fifth_ EP. (Both are in the same very nice-looking
format as the first three EPs: color vinyl (orange and dark blue
respec.), black labels with white italicized script, white cardpaper
sleeves over paper inner sleeves, stills from JCB's _Cathy_ book,
and by far the best sound quality available for the demo tapes
themselves.
   The _b_ side of the fifth and final (?) EP, however, contains
a hitherto _unknown_ demo recording (clearly from the same original
sessions as the other twenty-two tracks which have been known to
fans for a year or more now), which the bootleggers have (not
unreasonably) given the title _Organic_Acid_.
   This recording is _EXTREMELY_BIZARRE_. It consists of
a duet, of sorts, featuring Kate on sung vocals and piano, singing
an unfamiliar new (old) song, and her brother John Carder Bush
reciting (in between Kate's verses/choruses, and to the accompaniment
of her piano bridges) a lengthy and artily pornographic poem
in his own characteristic style (characteristic to those who
are at all familiar with JCB's poetry). The song, at least on
early listenings, doesn't seem to have too much (or anything) to
do with JCB's poem, but perhaps IED is wrong about this. The whole
track is 5:45, the longest of all the demos by far, but this is
because of the length of JCB's poem, not the song itself, which is
actually as brief as any of Kate's early songs.
   IED will work up a tentative transcription of the lyrics/poem
asap, and post it in Love-Hounds for the edification of all.

-- Andrew Marvick