Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Playlists 'till the end...

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 90 18:47:15 -0400
Subject: Playlists 'till the end...

Vickie here again.

Someone (who in the rest of the letter said nice things)
Who Shall Remain Nameless wrote me:

> I don't mind seeing the playlist in rec.music.misc, but I don't get
> rec.music.gaffa, so I'm on the mailing list.  It's a huge nuisance
> to me there, filling my mailbox....

> I do like the idea of commenting on new people, but I don't see a
> need to 1) post the entire playlist--If I can't hear it, I'm not
> REALLY interested even a little bit, or 2) list comments on everyone
> you play every time (if you really MUST post the list :-).

First, thanks for the other things you said. Second, I hope you saw the
post where I listed my reasons for putting my playlists on the net. Those
reasons, plus the fact that the majority of feedback has been positive,
prompts me to say "sorry, but I'm going to post them anyway".
Larry Hernandez had a fit when I told him to look for the last 3 weeks
playlists in rec.music.misc, posted there and not in gaffa because of your
letter. I don't want ANYONE to lose interest in or leave gaffa because of
me, but the lists are important to some people and some people don't read
or get rec.music.misc so it's something you'll have to deal with.
I don't mean to upset you, I appreciated the feedback, but I just have
to reject it.

Besides, the show's going bye-bye anyway so you'll only have to put up
with them a few more weeks.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com