Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Besides being an excellent idea, an excellent song by the best band in
many a moon, it is also often performed by a woman (Amy Pickering from
Fire Party) whenever she's at the show (which is almost always here in
Fugazi-town :-) The new LP/CD "Repeater" continues to set my brain on
fire . . .  go buy all their records now!

Other suggestions (no pun intended) of this ilk would be "Woman Town,"
"Hole In The Wallet" and "It Is Not Enough" by the amazing, inedible
Gang of Four, another one of the best bands to stalk the planet in oh,
the last decade say (boy I'm just full of opinions today, folks :-).

I can't think of a Mission of Burma song from the point of view of a
woman (in fact I can't think of a Burma tune that I have any idea of
what the subject matter is), but you should play them anyway because
they are/were God and human beings will atrophy and die if they don't
hear the live version of "Dirt."  'Nuff said.

#dan

Clever:         dbk@mimsy.umd.edu | "For I was rolled in water,
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  I was rolled out past the pier" - MoB