Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _TSW_ pressings

From: Oggle Bottles <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 May 90 09:40:03 -0400
Subject: Re: _TSW_ pressings
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: Stephen Thomas <spt1@ukc.ac.uk>

>I also do not think that _TKI_ is badly produced - its seems very clear
>to me.  It is just that the musical arrangement is a little ... sparse
>is the best word I can find, compared to modern productions.  The same
>applies to _Lionheart_.

I would just like to impose a little semantical nitpicking here.  It
should be abundantly clear to all members of this group that there is
an extremely fundamental difference between "production" and "sound"
quality.  You can have brilliantly produced music that sounds like
dreck.  My qualms are not with Kate's production (well I have a few of
those as well but I don't want to start that argument) -- they are
with the sound quality of the releases.  _TKI_ is an OK production
job, nothing to write home about, although I really like the sappy
instrumental arrangement of "Man with the Child..."  The sound
quality, at least on my EMI/America CD is below average.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |