Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: once aGaiN the maILbag is opened by youR cAntankerous olD ied

From: hsu@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu)
Date: Thu, 10 May 90 11:58:11 EDT
Subject: Re: once aGaiN the maILbag is opened by youR cAntankerous olD ied
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> From: Andrew Marvick (IED)
>     [Mr. Fox'] summation of the narrative in _The_Ninth_Wave_ is
>grossly incorrect:
>[regarding the gender of the character]
>     IED doesn't know where Mr. Fox got his information, but he
>definitely didn't get it from interviews with Kate Bush herself.

If you'll indulge my speculation, it's probably an extrapolation
of Kate's comment that The Ninth Wave was originally inspired by
the film "The Cruel Sea", in which the sailors are all men.

-dave

--
Dave Hsu	 Systems Research Center, Building 115    (301) 454 1845
hsu@eng.umd.edu  The Maryversity of Uniland, College Park, MD 20742-3311

	Feh.