Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Growing collection

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 10 May 90 08:20:13 EDT
Subject: Growing collection

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
   Just wanted to let you all know that I attended a local record convention
the other week and was lucky enough to find a virtual treasure trove of
KT stuff.  The first thing I snagged was _Aspects of the Sensual World_ CD
for $7 (reasonable, I thought).  So far, I like "I'm Still Waiting" the
best.  The next item I found was a Love and Anger CD which has the songs
"The Confrontation" and "One Last Look Around the House Before We Leave" (or
something to that effect), for $7, and the 7" vinyl version of _Love and Anger_
which has the nice gatefold with the stills from the video.  This was ALSO $7.
The final KT item which I found was a new VIDEO (yes, you heard me right)
called _Kate Bush: The Collection_.  The cover is black and has a head-and-
shoulders shot of Kate in her Wuthering Heights white gown.  What this
tape consists of is any and possibly every TV show clip that Kate ever appeared
on, including the old SNL with Eric Idle introducing her.  A lot of the
items are things I've never even heard of, such as something called the Old
Grey Whistle Test (?), Razzmatazz, etc.  There is even one clip taken from
a COOKING show, where Kate introduces the hostess to the joys of
vegetarian fare as the two of them chat in Kate's garden.  Unfortunately,
there are some bits which have less-than-terrific quality, but being PAL
converted, what do you expect?  The content of the video, to me at least,
more than makes up for the lacking quality.  There is one bit where Kate is
sitting with the show's hostess in front of a lot of school-age children,
where she discusses the video for _Sat In Your Lap_, and she proceeds to
pull out a series of props from the video and put them on the kids' heads:
the jester's cap, the dunce cap, and the bull horns.  She even pulls her
ballerina tutu out of her bag of tricks.  It's quite cute to watch her
interacting with the kids.
  The tape was $25.  It may sound like a lot, but to someone like me, who
lives far enough out in the sticks so as not to enjoy the comforts of MTV
and VH-1, etc., this was well owrth the investment to see Kate in other
visual settings other than in her videos (wonderful as those are!)  If you
can find this tape, I strongly recommend it!
  That's all for now.  Big woofs....

                                           All the best,
                                                 Deb Wentorf