Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 4 May 90 04:12:04 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Arson Garden
Date: 4 May 90 04:12:03 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Funny you should bring them up.

Arson Garden is a band from Bloomington, IN.  They've been around for, um,
I guess about 3 years now.  I saw 'em a couple of years ago at a pseudo-
concert in a meadow...it was a Jesse Jackson fundraiser called Jammin'
for Jesse and they were one of the bigger draws.  They were one of the most
popular local bands for a while; they dont' seem to play around B-ton that
much anymore (no time).

On the other hand...last November, Shawn Colvin played at Indiana U,
and her opening act was most of Arson Garden...can't think of all
their names, but it was April and her husband, and the rhythm guitarist...
and a violinist!  Totally acoustic set...

As for other material by the band--they released, either one or two years
ago, I can't recall, a somewhat home-brew tape that was sold through most
of the local record stores.  It had some songs that have shown up on the
new release, such as "Face of Resistance", but that tape has long since
become unavailable.

It's kinda neat to see the band starting to go somewhere; a lot of 'em used
to live in my dorm!

Hope this helps,

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |