Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Compilations

From: Maitland Bottoms <bottoms@radar.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 09:00:43 EST
Subject: Compilations

Another compilation including Kate songs is BZZ. The two songs of
interest are "Deeper Understanding" (the first track!) and "Love and
Anger". Other artists represented are: The Front, James McMurtry,
Shawn Colvin, Psychedelic Furs, Poi Dog Pondering, Kassav', Big Audio
Dynamite, Shelleyan Orphan and Toad The Wet Sprocket.

I've got it as a CD, yellow cover, sez: CSK1926  BZZ    COLUMBIA
on the spine. Also sez: "Demonstration -- Not For Sale" on it.

Liner notes:
[Picture of kate holding a ball in her right hand]
Kate Bush
Undisputedly one of the most revered artists in music today, Kate
Bush's first studio release in four years, _The_Sensual_World_, is her most
ambitious and personal effort to date. Written and produced by Kate, it
features guitarist Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd (who discovered her at age
16) and Bulgaria's Trio Bulgarka. There is also the haunting sound of
Davey Spillane's Villean pipes on the title track, "The Sensual World,"
inspired by the James Joyce masterpiece, _Ulysses_.

This is all copyright 1989, so maybe it's not really new to some of you.
IED - this should at least be on your list.

"Oh let me have it, let me grab your soul away
 You know it's me, Cathy"

Maitland...