Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate CD discography wanted.

From: jamescb@uunet.uu.net (James C. Bohem)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 90 11:48:24 PDT
Subject: Re: Kate CD discography wanted.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) writes:
>Other American CD's:
>_Aspects of the Sensual World_

having just discovered that this exists, I bought it. It appears to contain
the extra tracks on:
>British CD singles:
>"This Woman's Work" -- includes "Be Kind To My Mistakes" and "I'm Still
>Waiting", in addition to TWW.

I don't have the UK single here, but have listened to it a few times,
and I think the versions of "Be Kind To My Mistakes" and "I'm Still
Waiting" are the same as the ones on _Aspects_, which also contains
"Ken" (from G.L.C.), and the LP and instrumental versions of TSW.

Anyone know fer-sure if the versions are the same? _Aspects_ was $5.99
at my local CD and Katepehnalia shop (but they were out of the UK TWW
single at the time, and I really really wanted to hear
"Be Kind To My Mistakes", so I bought this _Aspects_ thing). If you
don't have the extra tracks on _Aspects_, it's a good deal.

Seperate note... anyone else out there get Suzanne Vega's
"days of open Hand" yet? I've given it one complete listen so far,
and I'll refrain from reviewing it until I listen some more, but
if you like the first two, get it. It's more of the similar, but
not same.
--
James C. Bohem         Member, Technical Staff          The Santa Cruz Operation
{uunet, spl1, ucbvax!ucscc, decvax!microsoft, sun}!sco!jamescb   jamescb@sco.COM