Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reich vs Gardner

From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 90 17:50:30
Subject: Reich vs Gardner

Just so's nobody thinks I don't have an opinion on the subject of
Reich's cloudbusting, my 2 cents says read Peter's book before you go
spouting "fundamentalist materialist" doctrine of the Martin Gardner/
CSICOP school.  I'm much more willing to credit Reich's rainmaking
ability than his contact with UFOs, but Peter witnessed both, and I'm
not willing to dismiss his reports so baldly.

(BTW, I happened to get a phonecall from Peter just after HoL was
released, just by chance at the mailorder place I was working.  He said
he'd spoken to KT on the phone, never met her (yet), approved of the
video, thought Sutherland's little fist-punch was a little corny.)

Metaphysically speaking, though, the universe is much more magical than
materialism imagines, my experience is that reality tends to adjust to
your expectations in a much more interesting way than just perceptual
delusions.

--jorn, whose mac now whistles "all we ever look for" when he goofs