Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 90 13:36:46 PDT

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: _TSW_: The Videos NOW added to outro of _TWW_ video..
Date: 16 Apr 90 20:36:46 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <9004160150.1.140@cup.portal.com> L-H@cup.portal.COM writes:
>To: Love-Hounds
>Fr: Larry Hernandez (l-h@cup.portal.com)
>The next time you catch the absolute masterpiece which Kate has
>created (namely, in this case, the film for _This Woman's Work_),
>take a good look at the references at the end.  Seems that CBS
>(or more likely VH-1/MTV [at CBS' urging hopefully?]) has seen
>fit to add a reference to the videotape collection recently
>offered in America.  The video is still Five-Star, and is
>getting very good rotation.

>Sure would be nice if damn CBS would replace the defective copy of
>the film that is being shown on VH-1 (at least).  But asking for a
>decent American product may be stretching it a bit.. :-(  Well, at

But Larry, you weren't looking closely enough!  The copy of the video
that has the reference to the videotape collection is a *new* copy!
It doesn't have the awful problem near the beginning that VH-1's
old copy used to!  For those of you who don't know what I'm
talking about, the version of the video that VH-1 was showing until
yesterday had severe static problems for about five seconds near the
beginning of the video -- right at the part where Kate emerges from
the man.  Their new copy no longer has this problem.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov