Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

In Need of B-Sides II

From: Kevin Michael Bernatz <kb32+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 16:01:19 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: In Need of B-Sides II

  This may be a bit out-dated, but hopefully it isn't.  I've been away
from a terminal for about 3 weeks now (Yeah, it felt really good!) and
have spent the last 3-4 hours catching up on love-hounds.  There were
quite a few interesting posts so far, currently I'm only around March
29, so if I'm duplicating something that was posted between now and then
you have my appologies.  Anyways, Meredith Tarr of Wesleyan University
posts

------------------------------------
>would like to make a tape of her B-sides for me?  I've been searching for
>them for about a year now, and no record store in my area carries or is
>interested in ordering old singles for me.  Also, on a college budget I can't
>afford to pop down to NYC and drop a few hundred bucks on vintage Kate
material.

  This is an interesting request, and one that I can also relate to.
I've hunted down quite a few dingy record stores to try to find some KT
bootlegs, but so far have had no success.  If anyone was willing to make
a copy of his or her favorite B-sides/Bootlegs, I would be willing to
pay him or her for their trouble.  However, this is not an extreme
priority for me since next year I'll be rooming with a friend from The
Big Apple, and will probably get a chance to stop down there and hit the
shops there.  In respect to this, does anyone now any good record stores
in NY city where you can get KT's B-sides or bootlegs?
  Either respond here or E-mail me at kb32+@andrew.cmu.edu (I think this
should work?)

					Kevin Bernatz