Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Blow away lyric question (repost)

From: James Smith <CCJS@cc.nu.oz.au>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 90 19:40 +1000
Subject: Blow away lyric question (repost)

From: ccjs@cc.nu.oz (James Smith)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 8 Apr 90 19:39:58 +1000

I haven't see a reply to my previous post, or the previous post for
that matter, so I'll post this again.

A friend without net access writes:

"On the subject of decipgering lyrics, I've noticed
a couple of "background whispers" in the song
BLOW AWAY.  The first one is around the 1:36 mark
in between "Buddy Holly...Sandy Denny"--goes something
like "go sleep/seek".  It is very low in the mix and it has
to be turned up rather loud to pick it up.  The second is
at the 2:38-39 point--over the 1st "Vicious" and is maybe
"aah don't drop" (?) once again it isn't easy to pick up."

To me these sound like intro's to the chorus.  Can anyone tell
what she is actually saying?

Jim

--
James Smith          |    "They just said: `Lew, why don't you shoot
Computing Centre     | yourself?' and he thought it was a great idea