Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bel Canto Fans

From: depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (S Alan EZUST)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 90 11:52:27 EDT
Subject: Bel Canto Fans

Well, you all probably know that Bel Canto's new LP, Birds of Passage is
out... I heard few cuts from it at the station, and it isn't bad.. I will
probably buy it soon.

But Anneli Marian Drecker, the lead singer of this group, has been busy
with other projects as well...Tsunematsu Matsui came out with a CD called
"Song of Joy". Drecker sings lead on all of the tracks. It is not bad at all
- the instrumentation is reminicient of Sinead O'Connor (Lion and the Cobra)
for some of the fast songs ... The slow ones are really mellow and sound
like Bel Canto only more acoustic. It's on Crammed Disks, import from
Belgium.

--
|S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca|
|McGill University School of Computer Science |  Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |