Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>   "About three years ago my brother Paddy played me a tape of
>   the Trio <Bulgarka> ... And when he played me <Kate> this
>   tape I was devastated. I'd never heard anything like it. It
>   was like hearing angels singing."

Funny, that's exactly how I felt the first time that I heard _Wuthering_
Heights_ (the original, and in my opinion the best, version).

Which brings to mind a question. For most people, is their favorite
version of _Wuthering_Heights_ the one that they heard first?  Of the
people I know, this seems to be the case. Of course, the same people
that like the more recent version tend to dislike what they refer to
as Kate's screeching. Personally, I like Kate's so-called screeching.

Oh well, opinions make the world go 'round (despite what people say
about the gravitational pull of the Sun).

Robert Cole