Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 90 11:50 PDT
Subject: Mailbag

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

 >>|   "It was something like that," Simon answered
 >>| soberly.  "You see, Enstone would do almost
 >>| anything to amuse his children."
 >>|                       -- "The Saint Intervenes"
 >>--- end of quoted material ---

 >     And just _what_ does this have to do with KT, I ask?
 >
 >-- Julian

     Well, it's just a suggestion, but when not operating incognito
under the colourful alias Sebastian Tombs, Leslie Charteris' Saint _did_
go by the name of Simon _Templar_ (as in Knights Templar--KT--get it?).
     Thanks to Ed Suranyi for the report on the Mystere concert. Too
bad Yanka and Eva didn't show, but IED gathers you had a great time
anyway.
      Also, Vickie, many thanks and public recognition are due to you
for letting IED know about the NPR interview via telephone. IED just
got to it in time to catch the whole interview. Thanks again.
     Derek Langsford asks:

 >Does anyone know what happened regarding the screw up over the 12" version of
 >_Running Up That Hill_ that at one time was listed on the UK import HOL CD
 >(both on the back cover and on the disc) but which wasn't actually on the
 >disc?

     Yes. It was a printer's error. Originally, said EMI, there was
every intention of including the re-mix as a bonus track on the CD,
but in the end, they claim, there was only time to include the re-mix
(which was whipped up at the last minute by Kate and Del) on the
cassette, not the CD. And, they insist, there was no time to fix
the print art so that the track-listing no longer appeared. Hence,
much disappointment for some unlucky fans. To date neither this nor
practically any of Kate's other b-sides (prior to _TSW_) has appeared
on CD, though EMI do assure fans that there _are_ plans to release a
number of Kate's b-sides, either in CD-single form or as a compilation
CD. Their original intention was to put one out in 1989, but then
_The_Sensual_World_ was delivered by Kate, so they postponed plans for
the b-sides project. IED is betting that something of that kind will
be released in late 1990 or at the latest late 1991.

 >Anybody know of any KB bootleg CDs (except Live at Hammersmath 1979) which
 >have not been officially released e.g. the Cathy Demos?

     Aside from the Hammersmith live bootleg CD there are still no
other Kate Bush music bootleg CDs, period. The only other unusual
CD items are: interview-CDs, of which there are four (or, if you
count different-looking CDs with the same interviews on them, seven);
and promo-CDs, of which there are three--_Don't_Give_Up_ (which has
no special material on it), _Love_and_Anger_ (also without exclusive
material), and _Cloudbusting_ (which _does_ include the Orgonon
re-mix of the title track, and therefore is much desired for good
reason). The last one of these can fetch anywhere between $65 and $200,
depending on who's doing the gouging.

-- Andrew Marvick