Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist/ At The Movies Pt. 2

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 90 04:44:25 -0400
Subject: Vickie's playlist/ At The Movies Pt. 2

Vickie here. I left the studio last week without playing half of what
I had with me. I decided to have a part 2 of "Filmsongs".
I picked the songs and the order of play but Chris took over the
DJing duties because I had to work der bingo game (keeps the station on
the air & that's no lie!).
I repeated three songs. Kate because it's one of my all-time favorite songs,
and the other two because a turntable was giving me problems last week
(something about the anti-skating something or other) and it caused them
to skip. I hate that. I hate it when good songs get ruined, even if it's
not my fault.
btw, I did watch the Academy Awards after all and was pleased for the most
part. This year they (argh!) did (argh!) let the nominated songs be sung
(ARRRRRGH! ARRRRRGH! ARRRRRGH!)
Good for Kim Basinger!

                      Suspended In  Gaffa 108
                         (Filmsongs Pt. 2)
                       Playlist for 3-31-90

*Movie*                                    *Artist*
*Song*                                     *Album*

Castaway  (:-) just had to repeat it!)     Kate Bush
Be Kind To My Mistakes                     soundtrack

Blue Velvet                                Julee Cruise
Mysteries of Love                          soundtrack

The Working Class Go To Heaven             Diamanda Galas
Metamorfosi (written by Ennio Morricone)   John Zorn's The Big Gundown

Captive                                    Sinead O'Connor
Herione                                    soundtrack

The Cotton Club                            Priscilla Baskerville
Creole Love Call                           soundtrack

Ever So Lonely                             Monsoon/Sheila Chandra
? (a computer animated film)               Monsoon's Third Eye

Letter To Brezhnev                         Margi Clarke
Lockets & Stars (song skipped last week)   soundtrack

The Hunger                                 Stefany Spruill
Beach House                                soundtrack

Home Of The Brave                          Laurie Anderson
White Lily                                 soundtrack

Veronika Voss                              Barbara Sukawa
Am Tag Als Der Regen Kam                   soundtrack

Tommy                                      Ann-Margaret
Champagne                                  soundtrack

Tommy                                      Tina Turner
Acid Queen                                 soundtrack

Married To The Mob                         Voodooist Corporation
Queen Of Voudou                            soundtrack

The Cotton Club                            Lonette McKee
Ill Wind (argh-this song skipped too!)     soundtrack

Porgy & Bess                               Janis Joplin
Summertime                                 Cheap Thrills

Echo Park                                  Johnette (she of Concrete Blonde)
Tomorrow's Gonna Be                        soundtrack

Stormy Monday                              Stephanie de Sykes (& friends)
Niezapomna Ciebie                          soundtrack

The Moderns                                CharlElie Couture
Parlez-Moi D'Amour                         soundtrack

The Forbidden Zone                         Josephine Baker
La Petite Tonkinois                        soundtrack

9= Weeks                                   Dalbello
Black On Black                             soundtrack

Coal Miner's Daughter                      Sissy Spacek
The Great Titanic                          soundtrack

The Big Gundown                            Luli Shioi
The Big Gundown                            John Zorn's The Big Gundown

She's Having A Baby                        Kate Bush
This Woman's Work                          soundtrack

The Hunger                                 ? (choir)
excerpt from Delibes' "Lakme"              soundtrack

Brimstone & Treacle                        Finchley Children's Music Group
When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder          soundtrack

Never Cry Wolf                             Isham's choir
opening theme                              Mark Isham's Film Music

Home Of The Brave                          Laurie Anderson
Sharkey's Night                            soundtrack

Pennies From Heaven                        The Boswell Sisters
It's The Girl                              soundtrack

The Burglers                               Laura Biscotto
Erotico (written by Ennio Morricone)       John Zorn's The Big Gundown

Just too much fun...

% Vickie of  Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City    katefans@world.std.com  %
%              "Suspended in Gaffa" KKFI 90.1fm                       %
%                 Saturdays 10:00pm-12:00am                           %
%    Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz       %