Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist/At the Movies

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 90 04:09:20 -0500
Subject: Vickie's playlist/At the Movies

Vickie here. I really hate the Academy Awards, really I do. I used to love
them but they've made me mad* too many times. I do love movies though so
this is my annual "Filmsongs" show. It should be noted that a few of my
choices are from films or soundtracks that I wouldn't recommend, I just
love the songs.
I'm not a purist. Some of the songs are covers of songs that appeared
in films, some are earlier versions of songs that appeared in films years
later, some were recorded for the film but didn't were not in the released
version and there's even one song about a character in a movie (Leory, about
the creepy groundskeeper in the movie "The Bad Seed", sung from the point of
view of the murderous little girl).

                      Suspended In Gaffa 107
                           (Filmsongs)
                       Playlist for 3-24-90

*Movie*                                    *Artist*
*Song*                                     *Album*

Castaway                                    Kate Bush
Be Kind To My Mistakes                      soundtrack

Bagdad Cafe                                 Jevetta Steele
Calling You                                 soundtrack

A Clockwork Orange                          W. Carlos :-)
Beethoviana                                 soundtrack

A Clockwork Orange                          Erika Eigen
I Wanna Marry A Lighthouse Keeper           soundtrack

Singing In The Rain                         Valaida Snow
Singing In The Rain                         Swing Is The Thing

The Top Of His Head                         Jane Siberry
This Old Earth (aka Something About Trains) Bound By The Beauty

Sweet Dreams                                Patsy Cline
San Antonio Rose                            soundtrack

Brother Can You Spare A Dime?               The Andrews Sisters
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon                       50th Anniversay Album Vol. 1

One From The Heart                          Nastassia Kinski
Little Boy Blue (revised)                   taken from the film

Letter To Brezhnev                          Margi Clarke
Lockets & Stars                             soundtrack

Veronika Voss                               Rosel Zech
Memories Are Made Of This                   soundtrack

Trouble In Mind                             Marianne Faithful
Trouble In Mind                             soundtrack

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves            Sinead o'Connor
Someday My Prince Will Come                 Stay Awake

Black Orpheus                               Marpessa Dawn
Manha De Carnival                           soundtrack

Fool For Love                               Sandy Rogers
Go Rosa                                     soundtrack

Springtime In The Rockies                   Carmen Miranda
Chattanooga Choo Choo                       South American Way

Flower Drum Song                            Phranc
I Enjoy Being A Girl                        I Enjoy Being A Girl

She's Having A Baby                         Dr. Calculus
Perfume From Spain                          Designer Beatnik

The Lady & The Tramp                        Dave & Barbara
Siamese Cat Song                            Up From The Dark

Wings Of Desire                             Laurie Anderson
Angel Fragments                             soundtrack

Home Of The Brave                           Laurie Anderson
Radar                                       soundtrack

Breaking Glass                              Hazel O'Connor
Top of The Wheel                            soundtrack

Edith & Marcel                              Edith Piaf
Margot Coeur Gros                           soundtrack

American Hot Wax                            The Delights
Mr. Lee                                     soundtrack

In The Mood                                 Lee Morse
Don't Be Like That                          Lee Morse Revisited

Wizard Of Oz                                Bette Midler
Optimistic Voices                           Bette Midler

The Bad Seed                                Fibonaccis
Leroy                                       Civilization & It's Discoteques

Brother Can You Spare A Dime?               Bessie Smith
Nobody Knows When You're Down & Out         The Collection

Hair                                        Cheryl Barnes
Easy To Be Hard                             film soundtrack

The Cotton Club                             Lonette McKee
Ill Wind                                    soundtrack

? (haven't the faintest)                    Dave & Barbara
Busy Doing Nothing                          Up From The Dark

The Big Easy                                The Dixie Cups
Iko Iko                                     soundtrack

That's all I had time for and I still had a lot of things I didn't get to.
I guess this needs a part 2, too. Some of the above films are among my
favorites, but others (um...Springtime In The Rockies for example) I haven't
even seen.

* last year the people who put on the Awards chose not to have the nominated
songs sung (even though there were only three) and cheated billions of
people around the world out of hearing one of the greatest songs of all time.
Jevetta Steele's "Calling You". I didn't expect it to win (no one saw the
movie, why would they vote for the song?) but at least it should have gotten
*heard*!! It's just about the only worthwhile thing on the soundtrack so I
couldn't recommend buying the whole thing. I have to say though, knowing
that (I had a promo cassette), I still bought the CD just for that one song!

% Vickie of  Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City    katefans@world.std.com  %
%              "Suspended in Gaffa" KKFI 90.1fm                       %
%                 Saturdays 10:00pm-12:00am                           %
%    Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz       %