Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 90 18:40:41 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Questions + Re: Should I start with _The Whole Story_
Date: 17 Mar 90 02:40:40 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <1990Mar16.195059.18580@axion.bt.co.uk> "Nicholas J. Kings" <nkings@axion.bt.co.uk> writes:

>Were the tracks chosen on _TWS_ because there were associated videos
>available?
>Why didn't _Lionheart_ get a better showing? One track... huh? What about
>"Hammer Horror", "Oh England my Lionheart" (or even "In the Warm Room" :?) )

The tracks on _TWS_ were chosen mainly because they were released as
singles, so they were her hits.  There were associated videos available
because the songs were released as singles.

The only songs that were released as singles that do not appear on
_TWS_ are:  "Hammer Horror", "There Goes A Tenner", "Suspended In
Gaffa" (the single was released only outside Great Britain), and
"The Big Sky".  There are videos
for these songs, too.  And before anyone mentions it, I know that
the video for "The Big Sky" does appear on the video collection
_The Whole Story_.  The song does not, however, appear on the album.
(And I'm not counting things like "Night Of The Swallow", which was
released only in Ireland, or "Moving", which was released only in
Japan.)

I guess they figured they could fit twelve songs on the album, so they
picked the most popular twelve of these sixteen.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov