Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(was) Re: NEWS FLASH (is) conventions

From: locke@nike.nm.paradyne.com (Richard Locke)
Date: 14 Mar 90 13:19:44 GMT
Subject: (was) Re: NEWS FLASH (is) conventions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9003091747.AA26317@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

>There was mention of KT conventions... are there any?  Where? When? How can I
>find out about them?  As a veteran of many Science Fiction cons, I am
>interested in finding out what other types of cons are like.

I went to a couple of local record conventions this past month, and
saw lots of Kate stuff.  I personally picked up a cassette of a German
concert, and 2bl album of Kate live in Manchester.  One guy who
someone else described as "the biggest Kate collector in Florida"
had about 20-30 various singles, picture disks, interview stuff, etc --
many of which were quite pricey.

One of the things I saw that I'm upset I didn't pick up was an
album of TKI with an alternate picture of Kate on the cover.  It's
a head to just below the shoulders shot of her with some sort of
"muscle" shirt on.  It was only $5.00, but I had already spent over
$100 the day before...

Regarding where, when, and how: check with your local used record
store.  Check Goldmine magazine, too.  People in Goldmine also
sell Kate stuff through the mail.

On another note:  $75 for a pic disk of Kate?  Ouch!  I think one
could do better than that, but I don't know for sure...

-dick