Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Boot News

From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 13-Mar-90 23:17:49 PST
Subject: KT Boot News

To: Love-Hounds
Fr: Larry Hernandez (L-H@cup.portal.com)
Re: KT Boot News

Hi Everyone,

I've learned of some new bootleg Kate releases out or coming soon.  As
you may know, _Cathy's Album_ has been out for a little while now,
containing many of the precious "demos" that were first released on
the _Cathy Demos_ EPs.  There is now a Volume 2.  Going only by what I've
been told on the phone (the person read from his copy of the LP), it's
called _Cathy's Album Too_.  The back cover pic was described as an
"..outtake from the Leotard picture session."  I was told that this
record contains _Kashk_, which was already put out on Vol. 1, only this
time _without_ the "flaw" which was introduced in the Vol. 1 pressing.
It also contains the he songs from the first _Cathy Demos_ EP,
_Davey_, _Disbelieving Angel_, and what was described as "..the '77
demos."  I take this to mean _Moving_, _Don't Put Your Foot.._,
_L'Amour Looks Something.._, _Kite_, _Strange Phenomena_, and _Scares Me
Silly_ (which was called "_Really Gets Me Going_" by the booters).

Another new boot coming out is called _Backsides_.  As the title suggests,
this contains the b-sides of the singles.  The song titles listed on the
cover are as follows:

December Will Be Magic Again
Warm and Soothing
Ran Tan Waltz
Fullhouse (hmm..)
Empty Bullring (called "Empty Building")
Burning Bridge
Not This Time
Handsome Cabin Boy
Under the Ivy
The Big Sky (Meteological Mix)

The cover pic is from the Sean Mayes book with Kate at the piano wearing
flip flops.  Nothing on the back.  The sound was described unfortunately
as "..a little flat."  Apparently, for some reason the booters equalized
the vinyl sources.  Well, at least finally all these songs are together
on one album.  Hope they (or EMI preferably) put these wonderful songs
on CD one day!

Oh, before I forget (as I'm prone to do sometimes), the latest _Goldmine_
that Ed referenced has an ad for a boot called _Sensual Woman_.  I've
called the guy who placed the ad, and he explained that this was the
name that _his_ source "called it."  This boot is really _Cathy's Album_,
that is, Vol. 1.

Lastly, a new boot CD is on its way.  The only information I've got on
this is that it is of a concert, but _not_ Hammersmith.  It was
described as "..having cleared Customs" (whatever that means) and as
being close to 60 minutes long!  Wow!

I would rather have had these (well, the first three) in hand before
posting this information, but unfortunately I don't (yet).  The first
three are on the way to me, and I'll correct my mistakes/presumptions
once I have them.  I just wanted to get this info out for those of
you who have access to boots (via swapmeets or what have you), so you
can be on the lookout.

By the way, the first _Cathy Demos_ EP on coloured vinyl is now out of
print, but has been rereleased on black vinyl.  So those of you with
an original copy now have another "rarity."  Treat it well, and if you
want to unload it, let me know :-).

SHE REALLY IS!!  Larry (L-H@cup.portal.com)