Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NEWS FLASH

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 9-MAR-1990 12:46:46.49
Subject: Re: NEWS FLASH

> From: 8548222@WWU.EDU (Dave Armstrong)

> Since we will never get to see Kate tour we will have to make do with what we
> have.

Greetings...

Didn't KT say in the VH-1 Interview that she never wanted to be an actress?
And there she is on "Comic Strip" (you lucky UK folks....UGH!!!)  Anyway, it
seems to me that if she is as adamant about not touring as she has proven to
be about not acting, there might be some hope for us yet!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff:

To all you people out there who have helped me review my German grammar (in
literature classes it tends to leak out of you): you and my German professors
should get together and go bowling.

There was mention of KT conventions... are there any?  Where? When? How can I
find out about them?  As a veteran of many Science Fiction cons, I am
interested in finding out what other types of cons are like.

A friend of mine bought a tape for two bucks the other day called "The Monsters
of British Rock" (or something like that- I'm not sure).  "The Wedding List" was
on it!!! I don't know what else is on the tape, but I thought that was
interesting, to say the least.

Does anybody know if the word "gaffa" is in the Oxford English Dictionary?  I
checked my sister's edition from 1979, and it wasn't there.  I'm interested to
see if it's in the latest edition, and if so, what the etymology has to say
about it.

If you're going to respond to this posting in any way, please e-mail: I'm going
home to Florida for Spring Break and won't have access to the nets (I will have
access to MTV, though- I guess you can't have everything at once).

Incidentally, if any of you are ever in the Melbourne, FL area, tune in to 89.5
FM, WFIT.  It's at the Florida Institute of Technology, and it's one of the top
five college stations in the country.  On Wednesday nights there's a show
called Champagne Jam, and the DJ is a HUGE KT fan.  It's an awesome show on an
awesome station- check it out if you're in the area!!!

Oh, and Vickie- it took me a while to get into "The Dreaming" too, but now I
play it when I want to freak people out.  It works!

|Meredith Tarr      		"Looking for a moment that'll never happen    |
|mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu        Living in the gap between past and future"   |
|Wesleyan University                                               -KT        |