Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Old Interviews

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 4-MAR-1990 16:28:46.69
Subject: New Old Interviews

From: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 4 Mar 90 16:28:27 GMT

Greetings...

I was looking through my case of Rarely-Listened-To-And-Almost-Forgotten-About
Tapes yesterday when I discovered a tape given to me a while ago by the brother
of a friend of mine.  It's two picture-disks of KT as well as a mix-tape of
her early stuff, which I already had but does a nice job of filling up the
tape.  The picture-disks contained three interviews, two from shortly after the
release of _Hounds of Love_ and one from 1982, discussing _The Dreaming_.  That
one is really hard to understand, since the interview was done in a crowded
coffee shop over tea, and Kate sounds like she's either on speed or full of
helium.

Anyway, they're good interviews, and while I'm home over spring break next week
I'll probably be bored enough to transcribe them.  I'm sure somebody's probably
put them on the group before, but I'm relatively new to this, and I'm sure
there are other people out there new to either this group or KT fandom or both
who would be interested in them.  They're not too long, and I'll post them all
independently, hopefully in two weeks when I get back from break and back to my
computer access.

If anybody thinks this is an incredibly stupid thing to do that will waste
valuable posting space, let me know (e-mail, please)- I'm giving this warning
so that if I am about to make a big mistake, I can stop before I waste a lot
of time. There isn't anything new and exciting in the interviews, I'm sure, but
they're interesting all the same and hopefully someone out there will think so,
too.

Meredith Tarr      		"Looking for a moment that'll never happen
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu         Living in the gap between past and future"
Wesleyan University                                                -KT