Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SHE's A GENIUS -- *** AGAIN *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 90 20:39:57 GMT
Subject: SHE's A GENIUS -- *** AGAIN *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Got my 7" (w/ gatefold sleeve) and 12" versions of the UK "Love and Anger"
today.  I was under the mistaken impression that "Ken" wasn't on the
12" or I wouldn't have bought the 7", but I'm sure glad I did!

I was listening to the B-side, thinking, "Gee, this isn't as good as
some of her other stuff - and that Del Palmer has a ways to go as a
mixing engineer", and then I noticed a subtle difference in the wording
of the "Love and Anger" credit on the 7" and the 12".  And then I
looked, and, sure enough, there were exactly four more seconds of
music on the 12" (odd amount to add for a remix, I thought, and then,
I said, "Wait a minute...").

I didn't want to skip to the end, so I listened to the whole thing -
and then, after that "Yeah!".  "<pause>...<LAUGH!!!!!>"

It was so excellent I nearly creamed my jeans.

And it's not on the 7"!!!! (Which ends with the "Yeah!").

Now, they credit the 7" as having the mix that appears on _The Sensual World_,
and the 12" as "...original version available on ... _The Sensual World_",
so, in some sense, that would seem to indicate that the original intent
was that the laugh belongs either A) with "The Fog", or B) just as a
bit of banding between songs, but ...

You gotta hand it to her for exploiting the collective weenieness extant!!!

					larry...