Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Wuthering Heights"...Old and New

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 2 Mar 90 15:16:34 GMT
Subject: Re: "Wuthering Heights"...Old and New
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <50615@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> ed@das.UUCP (Edward Suranyi) writes:

>As for whether the record company forced her to do this, I doubt it.
>She has said in an interview that if she would have had the time, she
>probably would have done the same thing to some of the other old tracks
>on _The Whole Story_.  She said that the first version of WH sounded
>"like a little girl singing."

It does indeed, and that's one reason it affects me so.  It sounds to
me like this selfish, spoiled and greedy little creature who wants
her lover to follow her even into death because she's lonely... which
makes sense in this context, I suppose.  :-)

I'll probably get used to the other one, but I don't think it'll ever
give me chills like the original.

--

 The whims that we're weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush