Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Wuthering Heights"...Old and New

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Creep Debut)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 90 09:04:18 -0500
Subject: Re: "Wuthering Heights"...Old and New
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <25358@ut-emx.UUCP> emx.utexas.edu!emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood) writes:
>if they could go to all the trouble of editing some of the celesta parts
>and beefing up the drums, they could have had a voice track that was
>better than that.

"They" == Kate.  She did all the changes herself, deliberately, to
achieve a different effect.

>Anybody else out there feel the same way?  I'm not trying to start a
>flame war; I guess I've just discovered that even Kate isn't perfect.
>Unless... did the record company make her re-record it so that they'd
>have another new track?  Just a small glimmer of hope...

Nobody forced her to re-record it.  I think she's on record as having
stated that she wanted to re-record ALL the backing tracks but just
didn't have the time.

I won't flame you for your posting, because you're entitled to your
opinion no matter how misguided it is.  There has already been a war
on Gaffa a while back on this very topic, adn I'm sure nobody wants to
start it up again.  I just think the new vocal has more power to it.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      Fear the Government that           |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |      fears your computer.               |