Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 1 Mar 90 15:34:53 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Midnight Oil
Date: 1 Mar 90 15:34:52 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

In article <503@ohs.UUCP> bhan@ohs.UUCP (Bruce Hansen) writes:

>Haven't heard the album, but the single is typical Midnight
>Oil.  It sounds like their in a rut.
>
>Bruce Hansen

I've heard the new album through a few times and like it quite a bit.
_Blue Sky Mining_ is, overall, fairly mellow.  I borrowed it from a friend
from Sydney who says it is _not_ typical Oils...  He complains that
Garrett is trying to sing and shouldn't, and that the album is too mellow...
which isn't to say he doesn't like it a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to clear things up at least a littlefor people thinking
about getting it but worried that it's too typical....

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |