Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

?????

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 90 03:11:20 EST
Subject: ?????

Chris here,

>>> woiccare@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (woj)
>>>  I'll admit that I too am a Chris'n'Vickie
>>> post-reader like Julian (sorry guys!) and found her story
>>> about Nigel quite interesting (even more so was the thing
>>> about Brix - with Nigel! Hah!).

>> ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi)
>> Is there some sort of conspiracy about not reading Chris'n'Vickie's
>> postings?  All I can say is, I'm not part of it.  I find them
>> generally very interesting.

> TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Daniel S. Riley)
> Seems more like a conspiracy reading them, not one not reading them.
> (Well, it made sense to me.)

   ????? Huh? Ok, first things first, "my love" was only included for
the sake of completeness. It *was* at the end of the list. Secondly,
anyone is welcome to not read what Vickie and I post but as near as I
can tell, many do. We have received a lot of e-mail re: our postings.
 Most of it has been very positive and a few have pointed out errors
(hey, we're human). No one has written complaining about frequency or
length.  When I think of posting something other than a review or
article I consider a couple of things; Is the subject relevant to
.gaffa?; Is it of interest to others?; Will they discuss it? I'll
confess that I haven't got a clue *what* the people on this group
are willing to discuss. Subjects that have only the most tangential
connection to Kate get huge amounts of discussion. Not to dredge up
unpleasant memories but remember "|>oug's red chair"? That subject
generated hundreds if not thousands of lines of stuff that had *NO*
connection to Kate, music or (as near as I can tell) anything else.
I have been trying to come up with subjects that could be the start
of interesting, lively discussion. I don't know if I'm doing something
wrong. My opinions are not definitive, nor are they intended to be.
They are intended as a basis for responses from others on this group.
For example, Julian; ok, "my love" dosen't fit, but do the others? I'd
like to hear if you have an opinion on Kate's use of the word "baby."
Do you find it appropriate? Cliched? Have you thought about it before?
Do you like it or dislike it? Please respond.

                            Chris of,
                              Chris'n'Vickie
                                of Kansas City
                                  katefans@world.std.com

P.S. The above was typed on Tuesday evening based on stuff we read
       Sunday. Thanks for all the positive postings!