Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate GIF's etc.

From: Pete Hartman <uiucuxc!bradley!bucc2!pwh@GARP.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 90 12:30:21 -0600
Subject: Kate GIF's etc.

There is an anonymous ftp site (if there's really much interest I
can look it up) that has the sources for a set of tools dealingh
with "portable bitmaps" and "fuzzy bitmaps".  Using the fuzzy tools,
I've been able to convert the GIF files to Sun Raster format (we
have a couple of them here).  There are about 4 or 5 other formats
including a generic fuzzy bitmap standard that the tools can translate
to/from.  The others are:  portable bitmap (one bit layer), GIF,
Sun Raster, IFF, PCX (PC paintbrush), and Face "used at CMU".

There are also input converters for raw images, Targa, PIC and QRT
and output converters for PostScript, Diablo graphics (only 1 bit
files) and Targa.

the site (since I've called this up now) is nl.cs.cmu.edu (128.2.222.56)
in the file /usr/mlm/ftp/fbm.tar.Z

the code is C source, and I compiled it and ran it immediately on
the Sun I use.

				...uiucdcs\
	Pete Hartman		......noao >!bradley!bucc2!pwh
				......cepu/

		INTERNET: pwh@bucc2.bradley.edu
		ARPA: cepu!bradley!bucc2!pwh@seas.ucla.edu
		IF ALL ELSE FAILS: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu