Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Request For Annotations To "Moving"

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 90 12:13:04 EST
Subject: Request For Annotations To "Moving"

I am now collecting annotations to the song "Moving" as it appears
on "The Kick Inside".  You will find the lyrics to "Moving" as they
appear in the American liner notes at the end of this post.

Please send me everything you know about this song.  Start with any
background information and what the song is about, then go through
the song line by line and note any points of interest in the lyrics
including aspects of the song not covered in the lyrics, odd background
sounds, chants, etc.

Please quote the lyrics that your notes apply to and mention sources if
possible.  Note whether you're stating your opinion or something that
Kate has confirmed in an interview.  I'll try to include everything
and note whether an opinion seems to be generally accepted, popular or
or at least possible.  I reserve the right to leave out things that
seem totally off the mark.

You can Email this to me at the address below if you want to be friendly
to net.bandwidth.  If you want the world to see your contribution
before I chop it up and blend it in with everyone else's you can post
it here.

Once submissions seem to have dried up I'll collect all this
information into some neat format and post it for comments.  That will
be your chance to point out what's wrong and what's missing.  Once
we've discussed it and it has been revised to a point that most people
are satisfied with it I'll post the final version and someone can place
it in the archives.

This will probably be a slow process.  I'll be working on it in my
spare time so I'm not sure how long it will take.  Once we get a feel
for how well this will work (if at all) I hope that others will go
through the same process to collect notes for other songs.

MOVING

Moving stranger, does it really matter?
As long as you're not afraid to feel
Touch me, hold me, how my open arms ache
Try to fall for me

(Chorus)
How I'm moved, how you move me
With your beauty's potency
You give me life, please don't let me go
You crush the lily in my soul

Moving liquid, yes, you are just as water
You flow around all that comes in your way
Don't think it over, it always takes you over
And sets your spirit dancing

(Chorus)
How I'm moved, how you move me
With your beauty's potency
You give me life, please don't let me go
You crush the lily in my soul

Drums: Stuart Elliot
Bass: David Paton
Guitars: Ian Bairnson
Electric Piano: Duncan MacKay

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          nrc@cbnews
                                          att!cbnews!nrc