Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Campers (UnKaTe)

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1990 9:42:25 PST
Subject: Re: Campers (UnKaTe)

Kevin Michael Bernatz <kb32+@andrew.cmu.edu> sez:

>  I noticed in some of the early postings [...]
> that "Pictures of Matchstick Men" was brought up.  I
>have the Camper Van Beethoven CD, and they are one of the better new
>groups that I have heard.  I don't know exactly how "new" they are, but
>I heard that PMM was their first album???

_Key Lime Pie_, the album which contains "Pictures of Matchstick Men",
is Camper Van Beethoven's fifth album.  The previous albums were
_Telephone Free Landslide Victory_, released in 1985, _II & III_, _The
third album_ (does it really have a name?), and _Our Beloved
Revolutionary Sweetheart_.  I really like the latter two, but the
first two albums are worth their weight in vinyl as well.

All of their albums have been released on compact disc, and two of the
CDs are available with bonus tracks.  There is a version of _II & III_
that also contains the _Take the Skinheads Bowling_ EP, and there is a
version of _The third album_ which contains the _Vampire Can Mating
Oven_ EP.  The latter is quite good.

	-- John