Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: fTP siTes

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (I want to be Jackie Onassis)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 90 12:51:04 -0500
Subject: Re: fTP siTes
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9002191602.AA14105@lll-winken.llnl.gov> usenet@AMES.ARC.NASA.GOV writes:
>Please forgive me if this is obvious, but how do I access these archives
>without an account?  I tried ftp, but I couldn't get into gaffa.mit.edu
>because I don't have a password.

type ftp gaffa.mit.edu and when you get the username prompt type
'anonymous' to which gaffa should say 'guest login ok, send ident as
password.'  any old word will suffice here although i guess
technically you're supposed to identify yourself.  if you connect and
it gives you a password prompt, just hit return and then use the
'user' command in ftp to login as anonymous.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair amount about LSD." -- Dan Rather  |