Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 90 19:52:46 EST
Subject: Vickie's playlist

Vickie here. Yet another playlist. I keep expecting to get flamed for
taking up space on the net for these. Everyone's been very nice though.
My show is extremely important to me and I'm always excited by the
knowledge that all these great artists and songs exist. I want to share
them with the world. Since I'm not syndicated, this is the closest I'll
ever get. Also, you all are constantly giving me ideas and inspiration
and I want you to know when you do. My sincere thanks.

                          Suspended In Gaffa 102
                           Black History Month
                                  Pt. 1
                           Playlist fo 2-17-90

    *Artist*             *Album*                    *Song*

Queen Latifah         Coldcut's What's That Noise?  Smoke Dis One
Gloria Jones          Screamin' Soul Sisters        Heartbeat
Big Pig               Bonk                          Breakaway
Hadda Brooks          Boogie Blues                  Bully Wully Boogie
Terri Lyne Carrington Real Life Story               Human Revolution
Grace Jones           Slave To The Rhythm           Fashion Show
Sister Lotte Peavy    Bunk & Jo                     When I Move To The Sky
Sonya Robinson        Sonya                         Forever Never Now
Ethel Waters          1938-1939                     Down In My Soul
  "     "               "    "                      Old Man Harlem
Pigbag                Title 12"                     Hit the "O" Deck
Priscilla Bowman      Original Rock & Roll Mama     Promises Promises

   The following 9 songs all feature Neneh Cherry on vocals:
Rip Rig & Panic       Title 12" 1982               Storm The Reality Asylum
Rip Rig & Panic       Title 12" 1983               Beat The Beast
Float Up CP           Title 12" 1984               Joy's Address
Float Up CP           Kill Me In The Morning 1985  My Memory
Float Up CP            "    "  "  "     "      "   Assassins
God Mother & Country  Title 12" 1985               Foot On The Rock (Dub Mix)
Neneh Cherry          Raw Like Sushi 1988          The Next Generation
Neneh Cherry           "   "     "   1988          Manchild
Neneh Cherry          Buffalo Stance 12"  1988     same (Electro Ski Mix)

Amazulu               Amazulu                      Cairo
Miriam Makeba         Many Voices of...            Kilamanjaro
Gina Cie (w/Malcolm McLaren) Waltz Darling         Call A Wave
Judy Nylon            On-U Sound Celebration       The Dice

------------
I hadn't really intended to devote 45 minutes to Neneh Cherry but I'm
glad I did. Very few people know about her work before Raw Like Sushi.
I've only recently come across most of this stuff and I know my
collection is woefully lacking. Would anyone happen to have a more complete
Neneh Cherry discography? I know Rip Rig & Panic had album(s) but I don't
have any. I'd probably never find them anyway. I imagine they're rare.

Does anyone know anything about: Queen Latifah, Pigbag, Amazulu or Judy
Nylon? I borrowed these records and had never heard them before yesterday.

Thanks!
See you next week

% Vickie of  Vickie'n'Chris of Kansas City    katefans@world.std.com  %
%              "Suspended in Gaffa" KKFI 90.1fm                       %
%    Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz       %