Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bowie

From: adrie@encore.nl (Adrie van Hoogstraten)
Date: 16 Feb 90 09:15:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Bowie
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9002151729.AA02158@thismoment.EBay.Sun.COM> duane@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day, Sun I.R. Applications Support) writes:
>>I heard something about a David Bowie tour? Can anyone
>>tell me where I could get information, such as concert
>>dates? Replies by e-mail, please.
>
>All I've heard is that he will be touring, and that Adrian Belew will be
>playing guitar with him this time.  Does this mean it will really be a
>Bowie tour, as opposed to a Tin Machine tour?
>
>I'm looking forward to more info on this, as well...

Yes, Bowie will be touring again. I don't know if it will be a complete world
tour. The tour is called "The Sound and Vision Greatest Hits Tour". As the
name already tells the concert will only consist of his hits and as far as I
know especially his older hits (hopefully Station to Station is one of them).
I already have the tickets for the concert in Holland on March 30.
The band that will accompany him is Tin Machine but no songs of this band will
be played.
In an interview Bowie said that he didn't like to do the big stadium concerts
like during the Glass Spider tour anymore.
So pay attention to the announcements for the concerts. It will probably
concerts in smaller halls and you'll have to be quick to get tickets (We were
waiting in front of the ticket office for 10 hours but finally got the tickets).

I will try to get hold of the complete tour scheme and post it later.

*  Adrie van Hoogstraten   *  IF I WERE DEAD, I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO KNOW    *
*  email: adrie@encore.nl  *               - Paul McCartney -                 *