Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cathy and looks

From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 90 19:11:06 BST
Subject: Cathy and looks

>From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
>Subject: Kate Books
>I'm wondering if "Cathy" is still available from Kindlight, and what is the
>going rate?

Well I just got a copy. Actually, I ordered it back in November but
they seemed to have lost my order and they only just sent it. As I
ordered a couple of things I cannot remember the exact price, but
it was c. 20 pounds. Somewhere in the archives I am sure IED or someone
posted details of the costs from the US. If on-one else comes up with
them I will try and dig them up.

>From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
>Subject: Sensual videos
>Chris here,
>  We would have _loved_ to have seen the _film_ release of "Experiment IV"
>that played as a trailer in England. Wasn't "Cloudbusting" released to
>theatres as well?

In GB "Cloudbusting" was released for cinema showing. It played support
to one of the big blockbusters of the time (Gremlins or Back to the Future,
something like that.

>   nbc@INF.RL.AC.UK replied
>>The fact that Kate is good looking really has no connection with her
>>music. I cannot believe there would be many of her fans who would
>        [ Deleted]
>>There are a number of female singers who are not attractive in the
>>conventional sense but still produce great stuff e.g.Alf, Mary Coughlan
>
>   Mary Coughlan not attractive??? _Beg_ to differ! We have a live
>performance of "Seduced" that, in my book, ranks as one of the more
>erotic pieces of music around.

Well I did say *conventional*, and I have not seen her live. I was going
to add in my origianl reply that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
only I thought it was a bit of a cliche. Guess it really still is true though.

Have to dash now - just another dull evening hearing some new Kate
Bush on the Comic Strip (fingers crossed!). Eat your heart out America.

Be seeing you.
	Neil

--
Neil Calton                            UUCP:   ..!mcvax!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,        NSFNET: