Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

I guess we'll find out now that "Love and Anger" is slated to be the
next U.K. single.  (Yeah, that has UK single written all over it
<grin>).  I'm starting to think that it's just a bunch of contrasting
pairs like "love and anger", the orb and scepter, the dervishes and
ballet dancers and the first and second parts of the video.

I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen any mention here of the fact
that the "Love and Anger" on "TSW - The Videos" is differant from the
video shown by MTV and VH1.  The most noticable difference is that
they cut out the little fit that Kate has when the ballet dancers take
the orb and scepter from her.  There are some other changes in the edit
but I can't name them off hand.  Could this be an edit intended for the
U.K.?

> "The Sensual World" was *HOT*.  Mmmmmmmh, YES!!!!!!!!  God, how I wanted
> her!  Especially during the instrumental break when she was stepping
> through the night turning toward the camera and away - Mmmmmhhh, yes!
> Definitely her most erotic video yet.

And with a long, heavy dress on, yet. <sigh> In one of the
interviews posted here Kate indicated that she wasn't pursuing dance
like she used to but this video shows that she can still _move_.

> "This Woman's Work" was *amazing*.  Very nicely done.  I just wish she
> hadn't bothered to frame it with the piano bit.  I mean, I think we could
> all get the fact that she was singing from his point of view without it,

The only part of the TWW video that bothers me is when he's wrestling
with the steering wheel.  Don't they have power steering in the U.K.? :-)
I won't get to watch this one too often, it makes mm...um my wife cry,
yeah, my wife. <sniff>

> All-in-All, I still think "Hounds of Love" is her best video, or "Running
> Up That Hill".  But, MMMMMMH, yes!  "The Sensual World" will titillate me
> for years to come.

I'd have to say that "Cloudbusting" is the best video of all time.

> I was surprised (and dismayed) to note the lack of clear, bright close-ups.
> I think she's getting a bit sensitive about her age (good gods, they're
> retouching her photos enough).  She's still fabulously beautiful - extra
> laugh lines or no, every camera angle seemed designed to hide something -

Well, I doubt that we'll be seeing any more Babooshka videos but
I'm not sure my heart can handle more than one of those anyway.

I'm a bit surprised that they picked Love and Anger as the next U.K.
single.  "Never Be Mine" would have been a better choice.  Besides,
that would mean another video!

--

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          nrc@cbnews