Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 13 Feb 90 21:56:06 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: TSW
Date: 13 Feb 90 21:56:05 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

In article <52159@bbn.COM> Liz Bonesteel <eboneste@BBN.COM> writes:

>I wonder what happened to KaTe's little streak of weirdness.
>
>TSW is a great album.  But it's too ordinary to be a great KaTe album.

Hmm.  Strange.  I, too, find a surprising disparity between HoL and
TSW (though I love both).  But this is more a different style of music and
voicing.  I'm surprised that you don't see a streak
of weirdness on TSW.  I remember being utterly shocked by Rocket's Tail
the first time I heard it... related (thanks to the Trio Bulgarka) is
Deeper Understanding.  While the "weirdness" may take a different form
from that on HoL, I tend to attribute it to artistic progression
rather than anything else.

Jeff

"And dressed as a rocket on Waterloo bridge
 Nobody seems to see me"