Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

120 Minutes X-Rays Kate & such

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 02:28:40 EST
Subject: 120 Minutes X-Rays Kate & such

Vickie here.

       MTV's 120 Minutes * FINALLY * "X-Rayed" Kate. The interview
was exactly the same as the one we posted a while back (the one
where she was surrounded by a "yellow-green" aura around her!) and
they did show TSW video. We missed the first 30 minutes of the show
so her place in the college countdown will have to be posted by
someone else. One interesting thing, the Wogan RUTH was shown in
the background (heavily processed) throughout the show as Dave "silly-boy"
Kendall was speaking.

Why is 120 Minutes so "boyz with guitar" oriented? It's downright
sickening. I honestly am not sexist, but it hurts when I KNOW that
excellent women are being bumped for mediocre boyz. Hell, excellent
MEN are bumped in favor of mediocre boyz. It makes me furious.

Of course, I know that 120 Minutes isn't the only one. If anything,
regular MTV is worse but since "alternative/progressive" is my
favorite type of music I'm more interested in what 120 Minutes does.
In it's 2-hour slot, you rarely see more than 1 or 2 women singers.
It's DEPRESSING!!!

----------------
Quick non-Kate item:

On Thursday (2/15) my grandfather will be 100. I can't believe that I'm
related to someone who was born in 1890!!! If you happen to watch the
Today show that morning and you see old Willard Scott say "happy birthday
to Harry Thompson of Fountain, Florida" --that's my grandpa!

----------------
Another quick (mushy Valentine's Day) non-Kate item:

In December 1982 I saw this ad in a local music paper: "Kate Bush fan with
videos & records would like to meet other Katefans to buy, trade"
I did not know any other Katefans at all and had never seen a Kate video
so you can imagine my excitement. I wrote a letter to him, we met and
became friends. Very soon we realized there was more to our relationship
than Kate and we fell in love. He's very wonderful and I love him lots.

                     I LOVE YOU CHRIS

Vickie
katefans@world.std.com