Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist 101

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 90 03:19:54 EST
Subject: Vickie's playlist 101

Vickie here, this is tonight's show. It's heavy on The Innocence Mission
because they'll be here Wednesday for a Valentine's Day concert. How
fitting. The place they're playing is 21+ which is a major bummer. Some
of my favorite listeners won't be able to go. 10,000 Maniacs had the same
problem until they got big enough to specify where they played. I can't
wait to meet Karen & Don Paris. I just hope I'll be able to actually TALK
to them instead of just "hi,i really like your music & lyrics i like kate
n jane too i play you on my radio show thanks for coming" kind of thing.
  Because Valentine's Day is next week I was going to do all love songs
but that would have driven me crazy, though I did play more than usual.
I started looking through my record collection for "heart" songs and found
enough to fill at least 2 shows!! I found all KINDS of songs about body
parts, 2 or 3 shows worth! That will be coming up at some point in the
future (I don't want to wait 'till Halloween).
My first set was dedicated to Nelson Mandela.

                         Suspended In Gaffa 101
                          (test on Wednesday)
                          Playlist for 2-10-90

  *Artist*                 *Album*               *Song*

Shelly Thunder         Reggae Dance Hall 2    Apartheid Fe Conquer
Tracy Chapman          Crossroads             Freedom Now
Miriam Makeba          Sangoma                Umam' Uyajabula
Innocence Mission      self                   Come Around and See Me
   "        "           "                     Notebook
   "        "           "                     I Remember Me
Tanita Tikaram         Ancient Heart          Valentine Heart
All About Eve          Scarlet                Pieces of Our Heart
Maria McKee            self                   More Than A Heart Can Hold
Shakespear's Sister    Sacred Heart           Sacred Heart
Maura O'Connell        Helpless Heart         You'll Never Know
Flying Lizards         Top 10                 Tears
The Sundays            Three Rs               You're Not the Only One
Innocence Mission      self                   You Chase The Light
The Catherines         EP                     Here and Gone
Indigo Girls           Strange Fire           I Don't Wanna Know
Julia Fordham          Porcelain              Genius
Jane Siberry           BBTB                   Miss Punta Blanca
Innocence Mission      self                   Medjugorje
    "        "          "                     Surreal
Indigo Girls           Strange Fire           Make It Easier
Stella Chiweshe        Ambuya?                Chipindura
   "      "              "                    Ndinogarochema
Cocteau Twins          12"                    Aikea-Guinea
Kate Bush              The Kick Inside        L'Amour...
Hex                    self                   Fire Island
Kirsty MacColl         Kite                   Days
Innocence Mission      self                   Curious
The Catherines         EP                     Tears of This
Innocence Mission      I Remember Me 12"      Your Advice
    "        "         "     "    "  "        You Chase The Light (acoustic)

A local group called The Catherines are opening for The Innocence Mission.
They're very good and I'd love to see them go on the road with them.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'"my faithful companion & love 'o my life" Chris)
katefans@world.std.com