Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Odd Meters in Rock/Jazz (survey)

From: David Mark Svoboda <ds68+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 90 16:15:18 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Odd Meters in Rock/Jazz (survey)

Don't forget

Kate Bush	Never For Ever	Blow Away	??
Pete Townshend	All the best Cowboys have Chinese Eyes	Face Dance Part II	5/4

I should also point out that most Cocteau Twins songs are in 3/4 or some
trinary rhythm, and also most of the songs off The Dreaming throw in an
extra beat here&there (There goes a Tennor,Pull Out the Pin, Leave It
Open)

(What's fun is watching all the students in Eurythmics II walking in 2,
clapping in 3, and counting in 5!)

|    David Svoboda	|      ds68@andrew.cmu.edu	|
|   Pianist From Hell	|  Carnegie-Mellon University	|
| "I want to be stereotyped. I want to be classified."	|