Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TSW 12"

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (I don't need God - all I need is an amoeba!)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 15:41:45 -0500
Subject: Re: TSW 12"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9002011824.AA07699@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU writes:
>It's a definite disappointment that she didn't take the relatively
>short time out to fiddle around with _TSW_ and produce a new mix
>of some kind. The rhythm track on that recording certainly could have
>been manipulated to great effect; or she might have added some alternate
>vocals (perhaps the original text of _Ulysses_ backwards, or something?).

When Kate falters, I take matters into my own hand.  Thus for a
limited time I am offering a SPECIAL BONUS TRACK along with the "JSD
and JST Present a New Take on TSW" cassette.  Not ONLY do you get the
lovely Miss Jennifer Turney's vocal version of "The Sensual World"
(with the original Joycean lyrics restored in all their power and
glory) BUT you get a unique only available to love-hounds through
this special offer track called "The Sexual World" (aka "Pastor Lloyd
Gets Lloony") which I created out of a Sensual World looped sample
mixed with some other amazing noises including a televangelist and a
bit of "Rocket's Tail" turned backwards and sliced.  So, take matters
into your own hand and BUY OUR TAPE!  The price: free.  Send a blank
C-45 or C-60 or C-90 with return postage, which will get you a copy of
these unique items.  Plus some other unique items that might be lying
around my studio here.  For a limited time, I'm also offering YOUR
CHOICE OF KATE RHYTHMS!  Have you always hungered for a tape with
nothing but 15 minutes of the opening drum riff from "Sat In Your
Lap"?  Well, hunger no longer, because the miracle of digital signal
processing makes it available to YOU!  How about the aboriginal riff
from "The Dreaming"?  Want it sped up so you can sound like Danielle
Dax?  Not a problem.  Be sure to specify the song and what speed you'd
like it at when you place your order.

Send your tapes and first born male children to THE SENSUAL JON
DRUKMAN, 4C Lantern Court, Sunderland MA  01375.  Do it today!

>     Oh, well, perhaps there'll be a re-mix of _Love_and_Anger_ on
>the next UK single. Yeah, right.

Hmmm... I hear another project beckoning.
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |