Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Any Suggestions?

From: bywater!acheron!archet!wlm@uunet.UU.NET (William L. Moran Jr.)
Date: 27 Jan 90 18:47:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Any Suggestions?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <76077@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> William H Stoner III <bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>Clannad - Is pastpresent a good buy?

It is sort of a greatest hits, and not a great one in any event. Not
all of Clannad's albums are available on CD, but among those that are,
I would rate them something like this:

Ring of Gold
Dulaman
Magical Ring
Macalla
Clannad in Concert
Sirius
Legend
Past Present
Atlantic Realm

Any of these is well worth having, but if you are not already a fan, I
don't think Past Present is a good place to start. If you are willing
to buy records or tapes, two of their best are not available on CD. I
will not attempt to reproduce their names from memory because my
Gaelic is more than a bit weak.

Bill
--
arpa: moran-william@cs.yale.edu or wlm@ibm.com
uucp: uunet!bywater!acheron!archet!wlm or decvax!yale!moran-william