Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dagmar Krause

From: stewarte@sco.COM (cutting edge is sharp, avoid contact)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 90 14:47:48 -0800
Subject: Re: Dagmar Krause
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

dbk@MIMSY.UMD.EDU (Dan Kozak) will no doubt deny ever having said:

>At one time Dagmar Krause was married to Tom Petersen, the original
>(and current, he returned [I think]) bassist in Cheap Trick.

Tom Petersson is, or was, in fact married to a singer named Dagmar;
however, I'm fairly sure she's a different Dagmar.  Nor is Dagmar Krause
Nico's secret identity, to answer another poster.

sketch.  Krause was originally in Slapp Happy with Peter Blegvad and
one other (John Greaves?).  They put out a few albums, then merged
with Henry Cow (Fred Frith, Chris Cutler, et al) and continued under
the Henry Cow name.  The Art Bears apparently started off as a Henry
Cow project but fragmented; Frith, Cutler and Krause ended up working
under than name.  Other than the "Supply and Demand" album, Krause has
been pretty quiet recently, as far as I remember.

For those who don't know, "Supply and Demand" is an album of Kurt Weill
songs as interpreted by Krause; she also did "Surabaya Johnny" on the
"Lost in the Stars" tribute to Weill (I believe the same recording
appears on both albums).  Fans of either of these albums should definitely
pick up the other one.

-- Stewart
--
"Be tolerant of the swine."